Now that the winter months are upon us, this can be an annoying issue for many. I know it is for me – I’m always washing my hands to keep germs at bay, or to clean, or do facials… the list goes on. Below are some tips to help with skin dryness.
1. Keep a hand cream (or a butter like whipped shea butter) near your sink, or in your bag when on-the-go. Moisturize every time you wash your hands.
2. At night, apply grapeseed oil to your hands and then your hand cream.
3. For an even deeper moisturizing hand treatment, apply the grapeseed oil and hand cream, then gloves/socks to your hands and leave on for 20 min.
You’ll notice a big difference!
I’m so excited to introduce a new product to our skincare line! It’s our Exfoliating Peel, and it will be available via the online store on November 1st!! Don’t know the importance of exfoliating your skin? See my post HERE. Be sure to check out Keeta’s Esthetics on November 1st to get yours! You will LOVE!!
It may be obvious why someone with dry skin needs to moisturize daily. Dry skin needs moisture. But there is a common misconception that those with oily/combination skin, or even normal skin (i.e., no excessive oil production but also not dry), don’t need to moisturize. Know this: Skin can be oily, but dehydrated.
With oily skin, there is an overproduction of oil (sebum). While it can be a pain to deal with, the benefit is that your skin won’t wrinkle as easily or as quickly as you age (think of the oil like a protective barrier). However, I know no one wants to walk around looking greasy (I don’t Lol) – so to combat that look, exfoliating twice a week and drinking plenty of water daily helps reduce that. Just know that you can’t permanently get rid of your oily skin. (Sorry)
Oily skin can also lack moisture. I’ve seen many clients who have oily skin which is apparent with their pore size, but it’s dehydrated at the same time. If you have oily/combination skin, you still need to moisturize daily with an oil-free one, and water-based. Pay attention to the ingredients. Water should be listed first. Natural ingredients are best, but use what works for you.
Here are my 2 favorite moisturizers: Aveeno and PreventAge.
Yep, I’m talking about water again. Know why? Because it’s IMPORTANT! And many of you aren’t getting enough on a daily basis. This is your foundation for a healthy body and healthy skin. Don’t underestimate this.
– Water makes up about 60% of your body weight.
– Water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells, and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.
– Lack of water can lead to dehydration and skin breakouts. Your body doesn’t have the water it needs to carry out normal functions. Mild dehydration symptoms include feeling drained/tired, and headaches.
So now, the answer to the question you all want to know… HOW MUCH WATER IS ENOUGH FOR ME IN A DAY!?
Answer: You need to drink half your body weight in ounces of water. Example -> If you weigh 140 lbs, you should generally have about 70 ounces of water per day. And if you sweat excessively, drink a little more.
So, I know you’re so tired of hearing it, but the water tip first and foremost is necessary! Follow that tip and watch how many of your skin/health issues go away! ❤
*Thanks for reading, and catch you beauties next time! 🙂
Coming to you very soon. Comment below for any specific topics that have to do with skincare, health, or wellness, that you’d like me to address in upcoming posts 🙂
Chat with you soon!
I really did NOT mean to be away from my blog for so long!! With the holidays, new year, and business conference soon after, life has been a bit busy. But, I have to share a new product with you guys that I’ve been taking for about a week now. It’s a skincare product as well as a health supplement called “Hair, Skin, and Nails”, or HSN, for short.
Be a more radiant, youthful looking you with support for stronger nails, softer and smoother skin, and shine-worthy hair! With essential vitamins, minerals, and plant-based nutrients, HSN enhances your own natural collagen and keratin production, supports healthy cell growth, and boosts your body’s free radical fighting defenses. It’s optimal nourishment to look your beautiful best from the inside out!
Here are some of the features:
· Boosts your natural collagen and keratin production
· Supports the body’s defenses against free radical damage
· Moisturizes while enhancing skin’s elasticity and flexibility
· Promotes healthy cell growth, strength, and shine
This product contains 5000 mcg of Biotin, which is doulbe that of some popular brands currently on the market. It also has natural herbs and essential vitamins. I can’t wait to see how this product enhances my body’s natural production of healthy hair, skin, and nails. Click HERE for additional information on this product or to order. Questions? Email: email@example.com
If you get breakouts and always in the same area, it can be for a few reasons.
1. It could be hormonal. Usually, hormonal breakouts happen around “that time” for us ladies and in the chin/jaw area.
2. Do you touch your face a lot in this area? Your breakouts could be contact with your hands or something like a cell phone. Be sure to avoid touching your face as much as possible, keep pillowcases and wash cloths clean and replace often, and disinfect your cell every few days.
3. What side of your body do you sleep on? Many times, people get breakouts on the same side they sleep on. Try switching sides on occasion and see if that helps.
4. What hair products are you using? Sometimes forehead breakouts or those around the neck or hairline are due to hair products running down onto our skin. Try using hair products before your bath/shower if you can, or be sure to rinse/wash your face after using them.
5. Makeup — Be sure to clean your brushes with a brush cleaner daily and do a full brush washing weekly. And always wash your makeup off well each night before bed.
I hope those tips help! And remember, don’t pick at or try to “pop” pimples. It will damage your pores and can cause scarring or worsen the breakout. Let it run its course for a few days or see a professional Esthetician for proper extraction.